Computers don’t always work right – they can have all kinds of problems. Hardware can fail or begin to fail, software can become corrupt, malware can get on your system, and occasionally software and operating system updates can cause problems that you didn’t have before (although most updates are good for your system and your security so we strongly recommend allowing the computer to install those updates).
When you do have a computer problem, you want to look for a computer technician to help you, right? One decision that you will need to make is whether you want to take your computer into a shop or have a technician come to your home. In-house technicians are technicians that work at their own shop and you would need to take your computer into them. In-home, or mobile computer technicians are technicians that come to your home or business.
Advantages of in-house techs:
- If you are concerned about the appearance of your home, you won’t need to feel like you need to clean because of visitors.
- If your privacy is a concern, taking your computer into a shop may be your best solution – however, you may wish to read the bullet-points below to verify none of them apply to you before making your final decision.
- In-house technicians may be less expensive than mobile technicians because they are not expending resources to come to you to make the house call. Of course this depends on the shop – they still have rent and potentially labor expenses so always do your research on this.
Advantages of in-home mobile techs:
- In-home visits save you time.
- In-home visits save you gas and wear and tear on your vehicle.
- You don’t have to take your computer apart or put it back together again.
- The tech can work on your system(s) in their native environments, which is very important or even critical in many cases.
- You don’t need to put the computer in your car and drive around to find someone open or available (this happens all the time).
- You won’t accidentally drop your computer, damaging it worse than it was (this really happens too).
- Having the appointment scheduled prevents having to wonder when you will have time to take the computer in.
- Home visits can be scheduled ahead of time for your convenience.
- Home or business computer networking requires an in-home visit in the vast majority of cases.
As you can see, each style of computer repair has their advantages. Which is best for you? That depends on your situation and your concerns. If you are a small business owner and use your computer for your work and you are at your computer a lot, an in-home visit is definitely in order – you probably don’t have the time available to spend taking the computer apart, driving it to the repair shop, picking it up, and putting it all back together again. However if you are a casual user and your laptop is having issues such as it won’t turn on or it won’t boot, then an in-house tech may be your answer.
In any event, you will want to look at the online reviews of the technician you are considering using to make sure they will be straight-up and honest with you, that they know what they are doing, they are friendly, and they will charge you a reasonable price. Call the service you are considering using and see if you feel comfortable with that experience. If so, then you may very well have found your answer!
If you need a computer or network repair or computer or network set up, call us at Glick’s Mobile Computer Repair. Call 602-515-1733 today for Yelp 5 star rated (check our reviews
) mobile computer help in the greater Phoenix Metro area today!